- Advising a Chinese trading and investment company, with a subsidiary based in the Netherlands, on setting up a subsidiary/branch of its Dutch subsidiary in Slovenia to provide local road logistics and transport services.
- Advising and representing a Slovenian robot manufacturer before German courts in commercial and technology litigation, arising from a robot manufacturing contract. After the client had delivered the robot cell to the end buyer in Germany, one of the worlds leaders in surface finishing technology, their German commercial counterpart withdrew from the contract, declined to complete the payment and raised a compensation claim for the delivery delay.
Representing a Slovenian trucking company in a lawsuit before German courts, claiming payments from a German logistics company for carriage of goods in several EU countries.
- Advising and representing a German entrepreneur on setting up a construction company in Slovenia and conducting his construction business in Slovenia and Germany. The advice includes construction, corporate, commercial, employment, EU and immigration law, as well as finance and tax law issues.
- Advising a German metal processing company in a distressed acquisition of a Slovenian electronics manufacturer and its intellectual property.
- Defending a Slovenian trading company in a defective product dispute before German courts. The plaintiff (buyer) asserted claims for withdrawal from the purchase contract, repayment of the purchase price and payment of damages; German and EU law applied.
- Advising a Slovenian manufacturing and trading company in negotiations with its German distributor regarding price revisions due to inflation caused by Covid-19 Pandemic restrictions (Section 313 German Civil Code (BGB) - Interference with the basis of the transaction).
- Advising an Italian apparel and fashion company in negotiations on a debt settlement agreement with its Slovenian distributor.
- Defending a Slovenian paraglider manufacturer in an employment dispute before German courts. The claimant, a German citizen, who had signed an outsourcing services contract with the defendant, claimed employee status with the defendant.
- Defending an Italian ammunition manufacturer in a product and manufacturer liability litigation before Slovenian courts, arising from a gun explosion caused by an allegedly defective competition shotgun cartridge.
- Representing a Swiss-based investor in a loan recovery process against a German company, including in insolvency proceedings opened against the borrower.
- Advising a Slovenian valve manufacturer on its acquisition by a German company group, one of the market leaders in the field of water supply and disposal in Germany. The deal was governed by German law.
- Advising and representing in court a Slovenian construction company regarding payment for work on a construction project in Germany.
- Consulting and representing a Slovenian valve manufacturer, which intervened as a third party in support of the defendant, its customer, in a product and manufacturer liability lawsuit in Germany. The plaintiff, one of Germany´s leading insurance companies, filed a subrogation claim to recover payments made to the owner and operator of a biogas electricity and heat production plant for damage caused by an explosion at the plant.
- Advising and representing a German entrepreneur in relation to the winding-up of his company in Slovenia, involving company, employment and tax issues.
- Advising the majority shareholder of a German GmbH on company law matters and company governance, including on the shareholder meetings, expulsion of shareholders, collection of shares and payment of the expelled shareholder, dissolution of the company, non-competition obligations as well as on the appointment and removal of directors.
- Advising a Slovenian trading company on its rights against a German manufacturer and seller of a defective product.
- Representing an Italian transport company in a lawsuit in Germany against a German forwarding company regarding freight claims; the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR) and the Rome I Regulation (EC) applied.
- Representing a director of a German GmbH in an objection proceeding before the Berlin Tax Office relating to a notice of liability issued by the Tax Office according to § 69 of the Fiscal Code of Germany (Liability of the representative).
- Representing one of Italy´s leading insurance companies in a subrogation dispute in Germany. The insurance claimed reimbursement of payments made to the insured, a famous Italian fashion group, arising out of damages from a fire in a shopping mall in Berlin.
- Advising heirs, the widow and a daughter of a Slovenian national, regarding a disputed share of the testator in a German GmbH. German company law, Slovenian family law and Slovenian inheritance law applied.
- Representing a German food manufacturer in a lawsuit brought against its Slovenian buyer regarding debt payment, as well as acting in enforcement and insolvency proceedings opened against the debtor.
- Representing a trading company against the carrier and its insurer in a lawsuit in Slovenia to recover damages arising out of an international road cargo transport.
- Advising a Slovenian company, the leading producer of cardboard packaging in Slovenia, on corporate and tax issues regarding its commercial representation in Germany, as well as employment, residence and tax status of its commercial representative in Germany, a Slovenian citizen. The advice included Slovenian, German and EU law components.
- Representing a German subcontractor in a lawsuit against the general contractor in relation to claims arising from a reconstruction of a cement plant in Germany.
- Advising a Hong-Kong entrepreneur on business immigration to Slovenia and Austria; the advice includes immigration, corporate and employment law.
- Advising a Russian-Israeli entrepreneur on business immigration to Slovenia and Germany; the advice includes immigration, company and employment law.
Advising and representing a creditor regarding a repayment claim arising from a Pilot Training Contract with the Slovenian national airline, including acting in insolvency proceedings.
- Acting for a German real estate company in connection with a hotel enlargement construction project in Germany; the hotel is part of a renowned international hotel chain.
- Representing an Austrian manufacturing and trading company in product liability claims arising out of a cross-border cooperation agreement on production and distribution of agricultural machines against its contractual partner in Slovenia; arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the Ljubljana Arbitration Centre at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia.
- Acting for an international pharmaceutical research company in relation to the claims arising from a cross-border pharmaceutical research project against a German university medical center.
- Advising Italian entrepreneurs on establishing a luxury car rental company in Slovenia and its subsidiary in Italy, taking advantage of European freedom of services. This involved drafting the company's constitution, representation in shareholders' meetings, registration, drafting employment contracts, transport law, commercial law, and tax advice.
- Advising Italian entrepreneurs and investors on setting up a luxury cars trading company in Slovenia, and providing legal advice related to its business operations, including corporate, commercial, employment and tax matters.
- Advising a Sino-American investor on setting up a real estate finance company in Slovenia and innovative capital markets transactions; the advice includes capital markets, corporate, tax, immigration and employment issues.
- Advising a Slovenian construction company on the Vander Elst Visa for Germany - Visa for Non- EU nationals posted to Germany by their company on a short-term assignment (Judgment of the European Court of Justice concerning free movement of services).
- Advising a German manufacturer of medical devices on EU and Slovenian medical devices regulation in connection with distribution of its products in Slovenia.
- Advising and representing a Ukrainian entrepreneur with regard to corporate frauds committed against him in Ukraine, Panama, and Cyprus, misuse of the INTERPOL Red Notice system, and in real-estate fraud recovery actions in Ukraine.
- Advising a Hungarian transport company regarding compensation claims arising from a traffic accident in Germany.
- Advising international investors with regard to shares acquisition in Slovenia and structuring a holding company. The advice includes capital markets, financial, tax and company law issues.
- Acting for the Austrian subsidiary of an international bank in enforcement of judgments issued by Austrian courts in Slovenia in its pursuit of claims under investment contracts.
Defending a Romanian transport company against compensation claims of an Austrian transport and logistic company in litigation before a Slovenian court. Co-defendants are several insurance companies. The claims arose from a traffic accident in Slovenia involving multiple vehicles from different European countries.
- Advising an Italian trading company on an exclusive distribution agreement for Europe with a Chinese manufacturer.
Providing financial due diligence for a German construction company related to a multi million real estate project financing involving several European banks.
- Advising an international trading company in financial crisis with regard to potential claims by the insolvency administrator against the company and protecting the directors from personal liability and filing for bankruptcy.
- Advising a Russian entrepreneur with regard to the liquidation of his company in Slovenia. The advice comprises general corporate, financial, employment and immigration issues and especially considers tax implications of the winding up of the company.
- Advising Chinese investors on business immigration to Slovenia. The advice includes general visa applications, residence and work permits, citizenship applications and family migration, as well as business advice on company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues.
Conducting intellectual property due diligence for a Russian company on a target company in Slovenia.
- Defending a Slovenian trading company in international commercial litigation in Slovenian courts filed by its business partners, trading companies from Turkey, Romania and Italy.
- Advising an Italian commercial and trading company in relation to a distressed construction-assets acquisition in Slovenia, providing due diligence, negotiating with the insolvency administrators and drafting the acquisition contract.
- Acting for a German company, a technology leader in its segment of automotive components, in a dispute against its Slovenian technology and commercial partner. The advice related to commercial and corporate issues, including company directors' civil and criminal liability for commercial fraud, as well as to intellectual property, real estate, insolvency and litigation matters.
- Representing a black-jack player against a Slovenian casino holding company in a lawsuit before Slovenian courts, including the Slovenian Constitutional Court and the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), challenging the entry ban imposed on him.
Advising a Middle Eastern investor in relation to setting up a business in Slovenia, including company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues, as well as general visa applications, residence and work permits and family migration.
- Defending an Italian company group in a complex intellectual property and competition case against several European car manufacturers, claiming infringement of trademark and design rights by products imported from China, including representation in proceedings before the European customs authorities and in litigation before the courts in Slovenia.
Advising an EU based company, representing a state-owned Asian oil corporation, on a high value commercial agency contract governed by English law and subject to the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Rules.
Advising and representing a Ukrainian felt wears manufacturer in debt recovery and insolvency proceedings against a Slovenian company and its director.
- Advising an Italian company group in a distressed acquisition of a Slovenian company. The advice includes company, insolvency, finance, real estate, contract and tax law issues.
- Advising and representing an Italian company in insolvency proceedings against its debtor in Slovenia.
Advising and representing a German construction company on setting up a company in Slovenia and conducting its construction business in Slovenia and in Germany. The advice includes corporate and commercial law, as well as real estate, financial, tax, employment, immigration, residence and work permits and administrative law matters.
- Advising the world's leading jewelry and accessories provider on Slovenian fiscal and tax legislation.
Advising an international pulp and paper trading company headquartered in Germany on enforceability of its receivables in Slovenia, especially checking company's general terms of sale with respect to jurisdiction and applicable law.
Acting for the insolvency administrator of a German company in corporate and intellectual property disputes with regard to the company's trust beneficiary rights and intellectual property rights in a distressed Slovenian company.
Representing the Slovenian subsidiary of a German brand manufacturer, a technology and market leader in the industry, against its director in a corporate litigation before a Slovenian court. The case involves disputes between the shareholders of the company, the appointment and removal of the director, duties and liabilities of the director and his remuneration.
- Acting for an Italian company, a leading European irrigation systems manufacturer, in a dispute against its Slovenian commercial partner, claiming payment for products delivered for irrigation projects in Slovenia and representing it in litigation before Slovenian courts.
Advising non EU-citizens on investment and business immigration to various European Union countries, among them UK, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy and Slovenia. The advice includes general visa applications, residence, work permits, citizenship applications and family migration, as well as business advice on company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues.
Advising the US subsidiary of a German automotive group, victim of a high value financial fraud, and representing the company in civil and criminal proceedings against a Slovenian company and its director.
Advising a German federal state (Bundesland) in relation to its money claims in Slovenia, including in relation to interim measures of protection - bank assets freezing and property freezing orders.
- Advising and representing the Italian subsidiary of one of world´s largest private label food producers in debt recovery proceedings in Slovenia.
Advising and representing an Italian security door manufacturer in debt recovery, commercial litigation and criminal proceedings against a Slovenian company and its director, as well as acting in insolvency proceedings against the debtor.
Advising a Slovenian construction company on a real estate acquisition in a bankruptcy proceeding and assisting the company in financial and mortgage negotiations with its bank.
- Representing a shareholder in a corporate dispute before a court in Slovenia. The claimant claims his right to exit the company at a fair price under Slovenian company law.
- Advising on a legislative action in Slovenian Parliament, and assisting with the drafting of the legislation, to ensure the implementation of public international law obligations of the Republic of Slovenia.
- Defending a Hungarian transport company in Slovenian courts and representing in the Constitutional Court, charged with violations of technical and safety standards in road transport.
- Advising an Italian company group on setting up a road transport company in Slovenia and on carrying on its international transport business. Advice includes corporate, transport, commercial, financial, insurance, tax, employment, and administrative issues.
- Representing one of the world's leading energy drinks producers in enforcement proceedings of a foreign (Austrian) money judgment before Slovenian courts.
- Representing a Russian aviation company in commercial litigation before a Slovenian court.
- Acting for a Moldova-headquartered textile group in an acquisition of a automotive textile manufacturing company, a subsidiary of an international Slovenian company in insolvency, including representing the group in the bankruptcy auction.
- Advising a European sovereign state on complex real estate matters and transactions in Slovenia.
- Advising an international company in negotiations related to a high value long term agreement for oil and oil products supply.
- Representing a Swiss trading company in litigation before Slovenian courts regarding an international transport matter, including maritime transport.
- Advising one of Italy's leading coffee producers in relation to its international corporate transactions.
- Representing a Slovenian international trading company in a tax dispute before tax authorities and courts in Slovenia regarding European Union value added tax (EU VAT) issues.
- Advising an Italian company on Slovenian corporate and commercial law and formation an e-commerce company in Slovenia.
- Advising the leading German supplier of robots and automated production systems on its corporate transactions in Slovenia.
- Advising an Austrian investment company on Slovenian capital market and administrative law with regard to company's investment operations in Slovenia.
Acting for one of the leading German glass architecture manufacturers in insolvency proceedings in Slovenia against one of the largest Slovenian construction companies.
- Acting for the depositors of the Slovenian bank Ljubljanska banka. In the case of Ljubljanska banka, one of the largest in the region, over 40.000 bank depositors claimed the recovery of their "old currency savings", the total amount of the claims exceeded 500 million euros. The case, ruled also by the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), related not only to bank restructuring and insolvency, bank liability, depositors protection and human rights but also to the succession of the former Yugoslavia, the liability of the Republic of Slovenia and the sovereign debt of the Republic of Slovenia.
- Acting for an Austrian company in debt recovery proceedings in Slovenia, including in civil and criminal proceedings against the debtor's director charged with commercial fraud.
- Representing a Slovenian state agency in a dispute arising from a contract for providing IT and communication services; the project was partly funded by the European Union.
- Advising an international company on a high value yacht construction and purchase, including yacht finance and insurance.
- Advising an international holding company headquartered in Austria on a complex acquisition of a construction company in Slovenia; the transaction involved corporate, commercial, intellectual property, real estate, finance, tax and employment issues.
- Advising a Ukrainian investor on business immigration to Slovenia and on setting up media and tourism companies.
- Advising a German global aviation group on corporate compliance and employment matters in Slovenia, including drafting rules of employment and contracts of employment.
- Advising an international online printing company on its cross-border corporate transactions and related matters, including competition, corporate compliance and employment.
- Advising a Russian investor on business immigration to Slovenia and on establishing a bank in Slovenia.
- Representing the world's leading German ski bindings manufacturer in a commercial litigation case against a famous Slovenian ski manufacturer before Slovenian courts, filing for insolvency against the debtor and representing the creditor in insolvency proceedings.
- Representing an international trading company in commercial litigation against one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, both before the Slovenian courts and before the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR); among others, the issue related to the United Nations Resolution, implementing trade embargo against Yugoslavia.
Representing an international pharmaceutical group in a complex, multi-jurisdictional litigation case, including in interim injunction proceedings, in relation to infringements of group's intellectual property rights and compensation claims before Slovenian courts.
- Advising an investor in a dispute against one of the biggest Swiss banks and representing him in litigation before the Court of the Canton of Zürich, claiming compensation for damage caused by bank's failure in stock brokerage.
- Providing advice on copyrights of a famous Slovenian architect who created his masterpieces in Vienna, Prague and Ljubljana.